Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Equality

First I am going to start this off with my opinion on the recent subject matter.

I believe marriage is between a man and a woman.  I was reading through Genesis 2 this morning because that's what I am drawn to when it comes to this subject.  God is amazing here.  He created Adam and knew that this would not be good enough.  He tried to give him a companion, a helper.  He created the animals who roam the earth and fill the sky, nothing was suitable.  He then created a woman.  Someone who could be the perfect balance.  Carefully formed out of man's rib.  One flesh.  Immediately it was good, they felt no shame standing naked in front of one another.

Anyone who knows the story knows what happens next.  Eve eats fruit from the wrong tree and the world is never the same.

I realize we have come a long where from there, but really it's still in the wrong direction.  We are consistently as a whole drifting away from God.  Little by little we try to make excuses for ourselves, we say the world is evolved, we say things need to change with the way that we believe to fit the world we live in.  Silly talk.  We can't alter our beliefs to fit the needs of the world.  It is not what we were called here to do.  I realize there are many Christians out there who use this as an excuse to spread hate.  They focus on specific groups of people and damn them to hell, as if it's at all up to us.  Ignorance.  That's what that is.  We as humans have fallen so far from what we were intended to be so whether or not you believe that people are born that way, or choose to be that way, we are all so very flawed.

So yes because of my faith, I believe marriage is defined as something that is between a man and a woman.  I believe a lot of things about marriage that have totally been pushed out of this world because we are falling, every day, away from God.  Goodness I am sooooo not perfect and I know that.  I mean really this morning was the first time I've picked up my bible in a long time.  Because of where my faith lies though, I know what to do to strive towards that perfection.  Never will I get there, but doesn't change the fact that it's my goal.

My feelings towards the laws that are in place about marriage are indifferent.  People make laws.  People are not perfect.  No matter what laws are in place, someone is going to be pissed off. The laws are not what is wrong with this world.  The fact that no matter how much love is spread through this world, there is still an unlimited amount of hate is what is wrong.  You may say that the laws are creating hate, that's not true at all.  The REACTION is creating hate.  I have read so many disgusting things on Facebook in the past 24 hours.  From both sides.  Because of social media we are all given a platform to stand on and we abuse it like crazy to fulfill our own needs.  Those who fight for gay marriage bash Christians and our beliefs, those who are against gay marriage throw hate wherever they can.  It's ridiculous. 

So all I ask is that before you spew your nonsense all over everyone, take a second to realize what your words are going to do.  Are you looking for a fight?  Are you really trying to help the cause?  Are you going to accept the free speech that comes back at you?

Love is defined for me in one simple way.  Love is God and God is love.  I will not let the world change that definition for me.  So I do believe everyone has equality, everyone has the ability to choose God, to choose that Love, to choose that God is good enough and the rest is just people.  Imperfect people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment