Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

So Long 2012

2012 was such a huge year.  When I sit back and think about how much happened I am amazed.

My family started off the year with a huge blessing and also a huge sucker punch.

Let's start with the blessing, getting to meet my amazingly beautiful niece Embyrlen Jaide.  Her smile and personality won our hearts immediately.  She is such a firecracker and throughout the year I loved getting to spend time with her and allow her to be such a huge blessing in my life.  Although she doesn't live close, I love getting updates and keeping up with pictures.  She has changed so much in just the past year.  Wouldn't trade the many hours of Nemo watching, chasing around the house, going to the park, and snuggling for the world.  Now if only I could convince the airlines to lower ticket prices because having family spread out all over is just not easy!!  


Now the sucker punch.  My mom was diagnosed with lung cancer at the beginning of 2012.  I call it a sucker punch because it knocked us out...for maybe a minute.  But you know us Bosharts (even those who have changed our last name), we aren't knocked down for long, ESPECIALLY my mom.  I knew it before, but this year has proven once again that she is the strongest woman I know.  Treatments every three weeks, continuing shrinkage in those nasty tumors, and you can't even tell when you look at her.  We as a family have such a huge support system, and because Jodi Boshart is THE Jodi Boshart our support extends to everyone she comes into contact with.  God has blessed us continually through this and we are so very thankful.  I, above most things, am thankful that I am home.  With where Matt was at in school, we were able to get all of his clinicals in Texas and I have been here to go to treatments and offer my help, but mostly I can see first hand that my mom really is okay. 

Not only did those two huge events occur but I was able to witness and be a part of two of my most amazing friends weddings, one of which allowed me to hang out with my best friend for a whole week, which was wonderful since she was stationed in England!!  My brother in law came home from his deployment and about 24 hours later my sister got pregnant ;)  She announced it on my moms 50th birthday, it was perfect.  On December 19th the world was blessed with another little Roman boy.  Thomas James Roman is practically perfect in every way.  I have not yet had the chance to meet him, but I am hoping to make a trip in about a month and am already counting down the days.  I mean seriously...that face!!  Can't wait to squeeze it!  

Above all, this year has pushed me towards God in a crazy way.  We were at church the other day and they were talking about what kind of person you were the past year.  It got me thinking that although I didn't attend church as much as I would have liked, due to circumstances I think me and God talked more than we ever have before.  Hoping to continue to grow in my faith and spend time being so very thankful for all the blessings around me. I can not wait to see what 2013 has in store.  Matt will be graduating in February and hopefully soon after finding a job he can be happy with, and then who knows!!   Since 13 is a family favorite number I can only imagine that this year will be wonderful!


No comments:

Post a Comment